The database works with Windows 7 but some tweaks are required. Experiences by members are noted below.
Paul Bailey reported on Monday, July 18, 2011 12:32 AM Subject: Re: RE NEWLAPTOP FINALLY OR NEARLY
I have just installed basestation and populator on my Windows 7 home premium laptop. When basestation was loading I changed the path to C/Programfiles and it installed there OK. After that I loaded the populator to
C/PROGRAMFILES/KINETIC/BASESTATION and it worked OK!
Leon Loberman reported on 25-06-11 22:15
If BaseStation and PacModeS are not in the C:\Program Files\Kinetic\Basestation folder then I’m afraid it isn’t going to work.
From what you’ve said, it looks like you’ve got the 64Bit version of Windows 7 and therein lies your problem if you want to run PacModeS. Windows 7 64 bit will force the programs into the x86 version of the folder and PacModeS just can’t handle that…..
Leon Loberman reported on 18-07-11 22:15 For the record, here’s what we did:
- Despite all efforts, Basestation would not install anywhere except in the Program Files (x86) folder – the last install was run with the Setup program configured to run in Windows XP Service Pack 3 compatibility mode and run as administrator. This was using version 1.1.159 of Basestation
- Having installed there, we then manually copied the entire Kinetic folder to the Program Files folder and successfully started Basestation – this was then receiving message from the USB connected SBS.
- We then ran the DataAirPopulator.zip installer program, which created a c:\GFIA folder – however it did not create the populator sub folder – instead it put the ModeSlog and popthree files in the GFIA folder.
- We then tried running ModeSlog which had a message saying it could not apply the command but closed ok and popthree which said it could not find the ModeSlog file – this is because it was looking for the populator sub-directory. So I created this sub directory and copied all the files from GFIA into this sub-directory, reran ModeSlog which still gave the same message and reran popthree which didn’t give any message and just closed as normal.
- We then ran PacModeS Populator 3.0 Beta 4.exe and lo and behold everything started ok….Harry is back in the world of RQ’s, Ps’s and Unk’s .