We are a leading aviation database that offers you
- Full coverage of civil and military aircraft worldwide
– from balloons and microlights to bombers. Only exclusions are drones
- Photologging and display of photos against aircraft
– see your photographs against the aircraft
- Wide choice of ways to output your information
– see “Example Screenshots”
- Support via online Forum and ‘wiki’ system manual
- Discussion of future developments at our AGM with airfield/museum visit
- Occasional airfield visits
- Over 1.3 million aircraft records with frequent updates
– weekly updates are circulated via our online Forum and website
- Easy input of your aircraft information – one screen adds all your loggings for a single airfield visit
- Integration with PlanePlotter and any other software / hardware that uses an sqb file e.g. SBS and Virtual Radar Server (VRS). With PlanePlotter a quick logging method is provided.
All for only £25 per year!
Planned for 2019
- New full-colour formats to pages for easy location of information
- Elimination of the need for MS Access software licence
- Simplified pages for inputting and outputting information
- Rebranding of our database
Those wishing to join the group and obtain both the database and (if required) the software to allow integration to the Mode-S architecture (Kinetics SBS-1) must have the following software:
- Windows 8 or later (Mac OS not supported)
- Recommended minimum of 1GB of memory
- A minimum of 1GB of available hard drive space
- MS Access 2000 or higher
- WinZip or suitable package to unzip the update packages
- For Mode-S integration, own and have PlanePlotter or the Kinetics BaseStation software installed on your PC, or have access to a basestation.sqb file.
Broadband is required to download the 200MB database.
Updates to the database are made available via secure download from the group web servers.
Some familiarity with PC operations is recommended, although the group as a whole will offer support and guidance to new members.
Though the group will endeavour to resolve any problems, both database and often PC related, the group will not undertake to guarantee the system will run on a non-standard PC setup. It has worked on over 99.99% of all systems that it has been installed on.
Membership & Support
Membership of this group (with the limitations as outlined below) is £25 per group year (April to March). The fees are used to procure both the group’s dedicated servers, licence fees, annual AGM venue and other incidental outgoings.
The group is a non-profit, hobby related, group of individuals with no paid members, no non-paying group members and is subject to the rules of a club as governed by an elected group of officers.
Support via online Forum and ‘wiki’ system manual
– we have an active Google Group to discuss and solve any issues. A ‘wiki’ book records information on how to use the database
Discussion of future developments at our AGM with airfield/museum visit
– we welcome members to play an active role at our Annual General Meetings (AGMs). These are followed by a trip around the venue. Past venues include Barton, Turweston, Perth, Carlisle, Weston-super-Mare Helicopter Museum, Sherburn in Elmet
Occasional airfield visits
– sometimes we get the chance to arrange an airfield visit. These have included Shawbury, Culdrose, Yeovilton, RAF Cosford
If you would like further details of our database, please send an e-mail to Group Administration